I often think on what it is that makes me…me. What's that special "thing" that differeniates Alisha from everyone else.
I think the thing that makes all of different are our values. What do we cherish? What do we honor? What do we value?
1. First and foremost I value my relationship with God. He is my strength when I feel that the cards are stacked against me. He is the reason I am here and blessed with everything I have.
2. I value my husband. He is my partner in life, my best friend and biggest support system. He loves me when I'm my worst and don't deserve it. He loves me through the rough times. Above all, he makes me laugh. The kind of laugh that makes your stomach hurt.
3. I value honesty and truth. I have come to learn in my 33+ years that all relationships need these two elements for survival. Honesty with one's self is prime. If we can't be honest with ourselves we're fooling no one but ourself. I try to relay the truth as I see it as often and softly as I can. It isn't always pretty and it isn't always what we want to hear, but from truth and honesty we can grow and learn to be better versions of ourself.
4.I value forgiveness. Oh, what a hard thing to give. When we don't forgive and hold onto the hurt and anger the biggest person suffering is ourself. I am continually learning to forgive and let go. Anger is a cancer to the soul and forgiveness is the cure.
5. I value my children. The smiles, the hugs the laughter make my heart glow. I never knew the joy parenthood would bring and I couldn't imagine my life without them. They have taught me so much.
6. I value good work ethic. I was raised to work hard for what you want at whatever you do. Hard work builds character and strength and shows your integrity.
7. I value simplicity. I am a simple person with simple taste and likes. I don't need extravagance or fancy things. I love the little things that make the world go around.
8. I value my family. We are a strong group who love one another unconditionally. We are vastly different and that's what makes us such a beautiful bunch of people. We are there for each other come hell or high water. I am truly blessed for the one's God gave me.
9. Last, but certainly not least, I value my friends. I have an amazing circle of friends who love me for me and what I believe in. I treasure they're opinions and hold our relationships high. I love them all for what they give to me.
My life is full of values that make me the person I am. I am thankful for them and thankful I can share them with you.
Peace, love and good values.