Things that make me smile…
* My babies faces first thing in the morning when they’re still drunk with sleep.
* Grady’s attempt at telling a little white lie knowing the whole time that I see straight through his bologna. (He’s the WORST liar EVER…. thank goodness.)
* The first cup of coffee of the day.
* An unexpected visit from a close friend.
* My sister’s pregnant belly.
* Stepping on the scales on a morning that I don’t feel particularly “skinny” and seeing that the number has gone down.
* Sharing recipes with YOU and finding out that you really like them!!!
* Reading a great book late into the night and not wanting to put it down even though I have to keep re-reading the same paragraph because my eyes won’t stay open any longer.
* Belly laughs.
* Making someone else belly laugh.
* A clean house.
* The game plan chatter between Grady and his teammates before and after each rodeo.
* Watching Tucker create something out of nothing in his sand box.
* Listening to Ella chatter while she plays.
* Sitting on the deck while the hummingbirds battle it out over the feeder.
* Knowing that my weight loss efforts are making my body stronger, my mind more determined and my life, potentially, longer.
* Getting that PERFECT shot that says EXACTLY what you were thinking with no words at all.
* That feeling of accomplishment after a long day at work.
* Reading stories to my kids.
* Listening to Grady’s corny jokes.
* Piles of pretty fabric.
* Knowing my life isn’t NEARLY as insane as the Real Housewives of New Jersey!
* Baby calves playing in the pasture.
* The family feeling of the ranch rodeo team and their wives.
* Lip gloss.
* Blake Shelton and Adam Levine.
* Tucker rapping.
* Freshly painted toe nails.
* My garden.
* My house after everyone has gone to bed.
* Joan Rivers.
* My Chuck Taylors.
* Margaritas with my girlfriends.
* The sweet spot in my pillow.
* Five-year-old BFF’s battling it out on the soccer field on opposing teams.
*Five-year-old BFF’s who are STILL BFF’s after the game is over.
* Daddy’s that make victory bridges for ALL the players.
* Grady’s Wranglers. (wink! wink!)
* Grandma Phyllis’ ginger snap cookies.
* Grandma Phyllis.
* The mouse incident with my best friend, Amy.
* The mountains.
* Friday at 5:00.
* Watching my grandparents tease each other.
* The color green.
* My snuggly little boy.
* Ella’s laughter.
* Grady’s hugs.
Peace, love and cheesy grins.